Sheridan County Safety Meeting
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:30 p.m.
In Attendance: Lindsey Brensdal, Patrick Kjelshces, Kristin Kelm, Craig Underwood, Bill Nyby, Dellas Christensen, and Nancy Hamilton
11/15/17 Injury Recommendations. Call the ambulance, new railings for stairways. (Railings are on order)
Roles and Interactions between HR, Safety, WC & Elected Officials
Possible revision of safety committee membership
We’ve done well with accident investigations
Possible fire drill in May
Incorporate Fire Department
Active Shooter Training in June
Next Meeting May 23 at 1:30 p.m..
Employee Safety Manual:
Sheridan County Safety Committee Minutes Archive
Sheridan County Safety Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
In Attendance: Ryan Mitchell, Lindsey Brensdal, Jonna underwood, Vicki Ruby, Scott Nelson, Craig Underwood, Bill Nyby, Heidi Williamson, and Nancy Hamilton
Evacuation Plan was finalized an adopted by the commissioners.
Railings for the main staircase have been ordered.
Self Inspections—All office must complete this inspection once a year.
Nancy will email them to the Department Heads again.
Emelia will be here in June for MACo Evaluations. This will take the place of our June Safety Meeting.
SafetyFest will take place in May. Nancy will be attending.
Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) Nancy would really like to start getting more of these done.
She will set up a time and video as we go through the steps.
Weed—Loading the truck with Chemicals (maybe May for a simulation)
Sheriff Finished Defensive Tactics Class
Checked the Safety Alarm System
Wrote an Active Shooter Evacuation Plan
Training this summer.
Next Meeting April 25th.
Sheridan County Safety Meeting
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
In Attendance: Lindsey Brensdal, Jonna underwood, Vicki Ruby, Scott Nelson, Bill Nyby, Patrick Kielshus, Heidi Williamson, and Nancy Hamilton
1. Nancy did more website updates
Uploaded more JSA’s
Would like to assign each county a task to go out and work through
2. Railings on Stairs to Clerk of Court
Quotes from V trailer for new railing
3. Evacuation Plan is on the Agenda for the next Commissioner’s meeting (March 7, 2018)
4. Emelia will be here in May for MACo safety review
5. Nancy will start getting the self-Inspections together
6. First Aid Kits on the main Areas of each floor—Look at basic ones to mount
7. AEDs look into getting more
8. Sheriff’s office has developed an active shooter response plan
Next meeting March 28, 2018 @1:30 p.m.
Sheridan County Safety Committee Meeting, January 24, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.In Attendance: Lindsey Brensdal, Jonna underwood, Vicki Ruby, Bill Nyby,, Jody Lowe, and Nancy Hamilton
Evacuation Plan—Drill was done and went well. Needs to go through commission meeting.
Safety Website—Nancy has been working on this vrdssafety.com
1. Minutes of meetings
2. Safety training form
3. Near Miss/corrections forms
4. Toolbox trainings
5. New employee orientation
6. First report/accident investigation
7. Self inspection checklist
8. Nancy will put Job Safety Analysis on there
Staircase Accident—Railings might need to be added.
Next Meeting February 28, 2018 at 1:30 p.m.
Safety Meeting, Wednesday, November 20th, 2017
Attendees: Dellas Christiansen, Bill Nyby, Heidi Williamson, Jonna Underwood, Nancy Hamilton
-The group decided to cancel December’s meeting due to conflicts and the holidays
- The group discussed the accident on the front stairway. Takeaway from this incident: make sure to always call the ambulance.
- The evacuation plan was tabled for the time being. Jonna asked if the County had secondary meeting areas in case of bad weather. Bill indicated there was a reciprocal agreement with the school.
Bill to double check the current plan to make sure it’s included.
- Nancy is working on developing a “high risk task” library and will include safety procedures with the JSAs.
- Next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, January 24th at 1:30. There will be a safety training scheduled for Tuesday, December 16th
- Meeting adjourned.